Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
- 1/2 C good quality semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 C natural peanut butter
- 1/3 C maple syrup
- 3 T dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- a pinch of sea salt (if your peanut butter is not salted)
- 1 1/4 C of unsweetened shredded coconut, + more rolling, but this is optional
- In a medium sized pot, over medium low heat, melt chocolate, peanut butter, syrup, cocoa, vanilla & sea salt.
- Once everything is melted and combined (about 3-4 minutes), take off the heat & stir in the coconut.
- It will be a bit thick. Let it cool for a minute. Then, using your hands form bite- sized balls. If you want, you can roll in extra coconut.
- Cool in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes. Keep stored in the refrigerator in an air tight container.